SENIOR LITIGATION ATTORNEY
Are you looking for a growing, innovative culture where quality teamwork improves clients’ lives every day? Do you thrive as a big fish in a small pond, and enjoy a collegial law firm environment? Would you enjoy the opportunity to interact with clients daily, design and execute litigation strategy, and appear in court, rather than just pushing paper all day? Do you get excited about opportunities to grow personally and professionally?
If you answered yes, then this position could be a great fit for you.
Res Nova Law is a looking for an experienced and motivated litigation attorney to join our growing intellectual property and business law practice. We provide litigation and transactional services for matters involving patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, business contracts, business formation, business disputes, and more. We represent small and mid-size businesses, as well as independent creatives. Our mission is to help our innovative and entrepreneurial clients start, run and grow their businesses as smoothly and as profitably as possible.
We’re a diverse and inclusive law firm that’s proud to serve clients of all races, ages, ethnicities, nationalities, sexual orientations, and abilities. We care a great deal about our clients and community, as well as the environment.
Our core values include:
- Compassion and vigorous advocacy for our clients
- Excellence and integrity in our work
- Respect for diversity and inclusion
- Approachable and communicative partnerships with our clients
what we’re looking for:
- JD from an accredited law school, with law review experience preferred
- 10+ years of business litigation experience
- Significant experience managing multiple cases within tight timeframes and without supervision, with trial experience preferred
- Significant experience acting as “lead counsel” and taking the lead client relationship role
- Significant experience with intellectual property law is preferred
- A technical background and/or registration with U.S. patent bar is preferred, but not required
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong technical skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively and efficiently
- Demonstrated commitment to success in field of expertise
- Admitted to practice by the Oregon State Bar (Washington State Bar and/or California State Bar is a plus)
- Admitted to practice in the Federal Court for the District of Oregon and/or the Western District of Washington (or willingness to apply)
This position is more than a job; it’s a career for the right candidate. Salary is commensurate with skill and experience, and is negotiable. Our employees also enjoy a generous benefits package.
Ready to apply?
To be considered for the position, please submit a (1) cover letter, (2) résumé, and (3) writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we’re interested in meeting you, we will contact you within two weeks to schedule an interview.
Thanks for your time!